Because the glass is always half full.

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Orange and Almond Polenta Cake

I made this delicious polenta cake the other day - really hit the spot! 



It's low in sugar, low in flour and gluten free :) 

Here's how I did it: 

1/2 cup gluten free self raising flour
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup polenta
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup maple syrup
Zest and juice of 1 orange
Shaved almonds (optional) for sprinkling
1 cup almond milk

I'm very much into easy cooking, and as I don't have a food processor (i'm working on it!) I pretty much chuck all the ingredients in and mix 'em together. 

It'll be quite small, but it'll rise to a nice height. 

Enjoy! 

(You could be a little naughty and add a little bit of cream/ricotta/marscapone etc while it's warm from the oven :) ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hey! Welcome to my blog :) I'm a bit of a photography nut, with a passion for reading, baking and I've recently started DIYing stuff. It's fun! Have a squizz around!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...