Because the glass is always half full.

Friday 25 January 2013

Making New Friends


I don't know about you, but I find it hard to make new friends. I guess I expected that my friends from school would be my BFF's for life. And as much as I love them still, and they are still my friends, they also have their own lives and it's hard to fit time in. Especially if they live in Canada - you know who you are! - and have had, or are having babies. That's something that I want to do one day, but right now I can't really relate to what they're going through - as much as I'd like to!

So, here's my question: how do adults make friends? Am I the only one that has a little bit of trouble with this? Is it simply as easy as "asking them out"? I don't know. What if they say no and it's awkward and weird, but you still work together so you try and pretend it never happened. Over thinking it? Definitely.

So, lovely people who read my blog, if you have any advice, I would love to hear it!






2 comments:

  1. I had similar thing when I moved to anew city and didn't know many people. I blogged a bit about it here http://rabbitcrackers.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/finding-friends-in-you-20s.html I think the main thing was to do what interested me and start saying hi more to other people doing the same. You feel weird asking people out for coffee but it works. I also had a couple of friend set ups which was cool. Good luck :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caitlin, you put some good tips on there :) Nice to know I'm not the only one, I guess it's just a matter of getting out there! xx

      Delete

About Me

My photo
Hey! Welcome to my blog :) I'm a bit of a photography nut, with a passion for reading, baking and I've recently started DIYing stuff. It's fun! Have a squizz around!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...