Because the glass is always half full.

Saturday 3 March 2012

Hello weekend! (and quote of the day)

Wow, what a full on week. My brain is pretty much mush today; so much information to absorb, people's names and faces to remember, but I'm getting there! Having this new job will enable me to do so many more things that I love doing, whether it's blogging, DIYing, photography, walking Marley, spending time with my friends or even chilling out and reading my book. I'm super excited about it.

My mum and boyfriend have been so amazingly supportive; I gave up a full time job with more money for a part time job with less money to start doing the things I love and actually having time to do them. Because really, I can't try and be creative when I'm rushed (weeknights) or exhausted (weeknights/weekends). If you're able to do that though - what is your secret?? I'd really love to know! :)

I haven't had a chance to do any DIY's or photography this week (insert sad face here) but next week I will be working part time, so I will finally be able to! (I'll be damned if I'll let the rain stop me!).

So, in the spirit of (getting to) love what you do, here's my (late) quote of the day:

"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life,
and the only way to be truly satisfied, 
is to do what you believe is great work. 
The only way to do great work, is to love what you do. "
 - Steve Jobs 


(quote from here)


Do you enjoy your job? Are you on your way to doing something that you love? Or do you just do it to pay the bills? What will motivate you do jump onto your passion and actually do something about it??

(below is a pic of an outdoor movie night we'll be having in a few weeks! Can't wait!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hey! Welcome to my blog :) I'm a bit of a photography nut, with a passion for reading, baking and I've recently started DIYing stuff. It's fun! Have a squizz around!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...