Because the glass is always half full.

Thursday 8 December 2011

My Beauty Regime

My mum was a beauty therapist for years, and taught me some neat tips and tricks!

Are you guilty of going to bed with a face full of make up on, only to wake up with it on your pillow and serious panda eyes?? I know, I know, after a big night out, the last thing you feel like doing is taking your make up off, brushing your hair and giving your teeth a good scrub (but eew, stale alcohol breath!) but your skin, hair and teeth will thank you later!

My mum taught me to ALWAYS take my make up off before hitting the sack. I use something like cucumber wipes, I find make up remover in the bottles is just too oily for my skin.


If you really can be bothered: cleanse, tone and moisturize. Clarins has a good young skin range. And Kit Cosmetics has some funky stuff too.

Did you know that your body starts healing itself while you sleep? So if you sleep with clogged pores, it's not really going to help the body do it's thang!

Before bed, I'll moisturize my hands and feet (and all over if it's not too hot)
Brush hair (and leave it out) and sometimes add some coconut oil (only if I'm washing it the next morning).
Brush chompers
Wash my face
Sleep peacefully :)

Also, once I week, I'll do a mask. It's usually a sauna mask (feels so strange being hot on your face! But it helps clear the pores). If I'm feeling really into it, I go all out:

Have a steaming large bowl of water, with a few drops of tea tree oil in it (antiseptic).
Position your face parralell to the bowl, and chuck a towel over your head. The heat will open your pores to let any dirt out.
After about 20 mins, I'll put a mask on.
Read a magazine/book, watch Supernatural/The Ringer/whatever
Take it off, and apply toner with a cotton bud.

Done! Fresh, lovely skin :)

Do that once a week, combined with a scrub and you're good to go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hey! Welcome to my blog :) I'm a bit of a photography nut, with a passion for reading, baking and I've recently started DIYing stuff. It's fun! Have a squizz around!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...