Because the glass is always half full.

Friday 9 December 2011

TOMS Shoes - One for One Movement

TOMS Shoes is an incredible organization who has put the shoes on many little feet, in third world countries.

From the TOMS website:


"In 2006, American traveler Blake Mycoskie befriended children in Argentina and found they had no shoes to protect their feet. Wanting to help, he created TOMS Shoes, a company that would match every pair of shoes purchased with a pair of new shoes given to a child in need. One for One. Blake returned to Argentina with a group of family, friends and staff later that year with 10,000 pairs of shoes made possible by TOMS customers."


Even though I've only bought one pair so far, I'm happy that I have contributed a very small part to this.


When you buy a pair of TOMS shoes, a child in need will get a pair too. Or if you buy sunglasses from their range of eyewear, a child will get the eye care he/she needs. What's not to love about that??

Not to mention, their designs are awesome, like these, and you would wear these if you were getting married!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hey! Welcome to my blog :) I'm a bit of a photography nut, with a passion for reading, baking and I've recently started DIYing stuff. It's fun! Have a squizz around!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...