Because the glass is always half full.

Friday 24 February 2012

Quote of the Day - Friday 24th February 2012

It's been an different week this week, as you know I finished up at my old job on Wednesday. This is the first time I've been unemployed for almost 4 years! It's good (it'll only last til Monday - when I start my new job).

But I have had some time to just chill out, read my book in the park, walk my dog, do some cooking (smartie cookies, anyone??) and hang out with one of my friends. I don't have a lot of friends, I have a few close ones who are very precious to me. In high school, I was the nerdy one who'd read in her lunchtime (and the one who would miss school and smoke...ahem, that's a story for another day!), but there are a few people I met there whom I'm still friends with today!

They've been there for me when I needed them, and I've been there for them too.

So I thought this quote was appropriate for today:

"The most I can do for my friends is simply to be their friend.
I have no wealth to bestow upon them.
If they know that I am happy in loving them,
they will want no other reward.
Is not friendship divine in this?" 



 - Henry David Thoreau


So, are you someone who has lots of friends? Or a few close ones? Do you tell them how much they mean to you?


photo via here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hey! Welcome to my blog :) I'm a bit of a photography nut, with a passion for reading, baking and I've recently started DIYing stuff. It's fun! Have a squizz around!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...